News for Pet Owners
Coronavirus is the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Coronavirus has been found in some pets like dogs and cats.
- This means that people who have the disease may be able to spread it to their pets.
- Experts do not think the virus can be spread from the pet to a person. So far, there is no evidence of this.
- Experts also do not think that the virus can make your pet sick. So far, there is no evidence of this, either.
However, just to be on the safe side, here's what experts recommend.
If you or someone in your house has COVID-19:
- Keep your pets away from anyone in the house who has the virus.
- Avoid dog parks.
- Do not allow your dog to be around people who do not live in your home.