Labor Day – Stay Safe!
Stay Safe Over Labor Day
Orange County is now off the state watch list. This means the number of cases is slowly dropping. But the coronavirus is not gone. We still need to follow the rules to stop the spread of this virus.
This weekend is Labor Day. It usually means parties to celebrate the end of summer. Please be extra careful if you are seeing people who don't live with you. Your risk of getting COVID-19 from someone you do not live with increases with the amount of time you spend with them.
Here's what you can do to stay safe.
- Limit the size of your gathering
- Stay outside as much as possible. The coronavirus can float and live in the air up to 3 hours.
- Set out individual plates of food for each person. Do not let guests serve themselves. You want to avoid others from breathing on the food.
And remember to:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often. You may want to place hand sanitizer by the food and other places.
- Stay at least 6 feel apart from people you do not live with. People can have COVID-19 and have no symptoms.
- Wear a face covering or mask in public places. Wear one at gathering where you can't be 6 feet away from others. Be sure the face covering or mask covers both your mouth and your nose.