Mental Health Support
What to do if you are feeling down, depressed or find it hard to cope
Do you need help? Or, do you know someone else who does?
For help with mental and emotional health
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI of Orange County) Programs
The OC (Orange County) WarmLine:
This is a free and private call to talk with someone if you are having trouble coping or feel depressed). A confidential service for people in Orange County.
- For emotional help, call 714-991-6412 - 18 hours a day
- Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. (in the morning) to 3 a.m. (in the middle of the night)
- Sunday,10 a.m. (in the morning) to 3 a.m.(in the middle of the night)
- Toll-Free Number: 877-910-9276
The NAMI Peer Mentor Program
This is a weekly telephone program.
- Trained mentors call weekly at a time that you both agree to.
- Each mentor has lived experience as a family member or a person with a mental illness.
- They offer useful advice, a listening ear, and link you to other help.
- The program is for both peers and family members.
- Each person will be assigned their own mentor and phone appointment time.
- Click on this link below to sign up. https://www.namioc.org/peer-connector
Helping Children Cope
Reach out to people who can help
For help with alcohol
Do you have trouble with alcohol?
- During this pandemic, many AA meetings are being held on-line.
- Go to https://oc-aa.org/directory/meetings.asp
For help in a disaster
The Disaster Distress Helpline can help. Call 1-800-985-5990
For help with domestic violence
OC Health Care Agency’s Behavioral Health Services
For information and referral to service, call 1-855-625-4657 (OC-Links)
- Child and adult mental health
- Alcohol and drug inpatient and outpatient
- Crisis programs
Take care of the emotional health of yourself and your family!
- Make time to unwind.
- Remind yourself that strong bad feelings will begin to fade over time.
- Take breaks from watching or listening to news stories about COVID-19
- Talk to each other about your feelings.
- Take care of yourself by eating well and staying active.