Tips to stay well emotionally!
Be aware that anyone can get very sick with COVID-19. But, also know that some people have an even greater chance of getting very sick. This includes:
- people with poor lung health
- people with lowered immune systems
- older adults with heart disease and diabetes.
So, take steps to protect yourself and others.
Do not accept all that you read or hear as the truth.
Build your emotional support system!
- Do as many of your normal indoor routines as possible.
- Take a walk outside. But, keep at least 6 feet away from others.
- Try to eat healthy food and be active, in whatever way you can.
- Try to stay in touch with others. Keep up your social networks.
- Have the emails and phone numbers of close friends and family at your fingertips.
- Stay connected using email, social media, video chat and telephone. Reach out to at least 5 people every day!
- If you belong to a place of worship, call or look on the Internet to see if services are being offered on-line. Many services are being live-streamed and video-taped.
- Use the phone or the Internet to join a friendship circle with your place of worship or neighborhood.
Take care of the emotional health of your family!
- Make time to unwind.
- Remind yourself that strong, bad feelings will begin to fade over time.
- Take breaks from watching or listening to news stories about COVID-19.
- Talk to each to other about how you are feeling and share concerns.
- Play as a family – dance, board games, movie time and just having fun together.