Special Help for Seniors in the La Habra Community
Most programs and services are for persons 60 years of age and older or persons with a disability. However, this varies by service or program.
Area Agency on Aging
Call for help with any of your needs or if you know a senior living alone who may need help.
Call if you’re feeling lonely or depressed; operators understand seniors.
Phone Call Ministry (Our Lady of Guadalupe Church)
Would you like someone from the church to call and check in with you?
You can sign-up using the links below.
English speakers: https://www.olglahabra.org/coronavirus-receive-phone-english
Spanish speakers: https://www.olglahabra.org/coronavirus-recibir-llamadas
Special Senior Shopping Hours
Many stores have times just for seniors to shop.
- Albertson’s: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Big Lots: daily between 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Costco (must be a member): Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Mother’s Market (Brea Plaza): Wednesdays, 6 a.m. to 7 a.m.
- Northgate: daily between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m.
- Sam’s Club (must be a member): Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Target: Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Traders Joe's: daily between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Whole Foods (In Village, Brea): daily between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m.
- Walmart's: Tuesdays, between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m.
- Walgreen’s: Tuesday, between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m.
Many of your favorite grocery stores offer shopping on-line with home delivery. It is best to order early in the morning for the best selection. Many items are on backorder.